The BP caterpillar haul-off is used to transport cables, hoses or profiles evenly and without deformation. Depending on the design, belt widths up to 200mm and line speeds up to 300 m/min are possible.
Maschinenbau Bardowick GmbH (formerly DCM Maschinenbau GmbH Lüneburg) has been a leading manufacturer in the field of extrusion downstream equipment for decades. Customer-specific special solutions are developed and implemented by us.
The advantages of the caterpillar BP
- Precise transport speed at both very fast and extremely slow speeds thanks to the latest generation of servo drives
- Very robust and durable
- High effectiveness with simple operation
The caterpillar BP at a glance
A transport system with highest quality
The BP belt haul-off meets the requirements of your high quality demands in many ways. Perfectly matched components, which are also adapted to the specific process engineering requirements, ensure a high degree of synchronisation accuracy.
In combination with a non-contact sag control, our rotary cutter or a winder, you receive a complete system from a single partner.
Overview of the features
The lower belt is directly controlled by a servo drive. Both belts are centrally adjusted manually or electrically to the required gap dimension. In case of high tension forces it is possible that both the lower and the upper belt are synchronously driven by a servo drive.
For better handling when inserting the product, the upper caterpillar is lifted pneumatically.
A quick-change system is used for quick replacement of the drive belts. A robust, powder-coated welded construction is used as the base frame, which is manufactured in-house.
Many individual extensions
As the process conditions vary from customer to customer, we adapt each belt haul-off to your individual needs.
Possible options are e.g:
- Sag control, contactless on request to ensure a tension-free product infeed
- Fast, tool-less changeover from machine feet to transport rollers for transporting the machine within the production
- The gap adjustment in the belt take-off is manual or electrical
- Pneumatic quick opening of the caterpillars simplifies handling when inserting the product.
- A wide variety of sensors can be integrated into the machine to detect different product features (diameter, ovality, colour coding)
- Integration of the caterpillar haul-off into a higher-level line control system with all common industrial bus systems
- There is a wealth of experience in FDA-compliant design for the pharmaceutical and medical technology sector.
Technical data of the caterpillar BP (extract)
|Contact length||ca. 250 mm||ca. 600 mm||ca. 1000 mm|
|Width of the belt||50 mm||50 mm & 100 mm||100 mm|
|Pulling force (depending on the max. production speed)||250 N (1 Motor)||400 N (1 Motor)
800 N (2 Motors)
|1000 N (2 Motors)|
|Max. production speed||100 m/min||100 m/min & 250 m/min||250 m/min|
|Power supply||0,37 kW||1,5 kW||2,2 kW|
|Dimension (L x H x W)||570 x 1340 x 400 mm||1250 x 1400 x 600 mm||1250 x 1500 x 650 mm|
|Weight||ca. 100 kg||ca. 280 kg||ca. 770 kg|
|Option: User administration||X|
|Option: Recipe administration||X|
|Option: Integration in a higher-level line control||X|
All machines from Maschinenbau Bardowick GmbH comply with the EC Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC).
Request your new belt haul-off BP now
Request your new caterpillar haul-off BP now!
At Maschinenbau Bardowick GmbH, your specialized manufacturer for extrusion downstream equipment, you will receive the best technical advice for your application.
Benefit from 25 years of experience in the design of extrusion downstream equipment for the rubber and plastics industry!